War in Ukraine / April 19
The Molfar team sends a daily newsletter about the war in Ukraine.
You can subscribe to the personal daily newsletter AT THIS LINK!
The subscription price is one — $ 30 / month. Free for the media. We donate half of the profits to the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
Fake-referendum in Kherson
According to the Ukrainian military, russia plans to hold a fake-referendum in Kherson in early May to establish a new autonomous unit. A similar fake-referendum is planned for Mariupol, they want to join it to the so-called DPR. Right now, the russian army is doing everything to establish full control over these territories, impose rubles, and connect its television channels. In addition, they plan to carry out mobilization. According to the Ministry of Defense, Ukrainians want to stop fighting against the Armed Forces in the most difficult areas.
The leadership of Ukraine assures: they have a plan for the de-occupation of all occupied territories. “90% of people in the occupied territories do not want to see russia here, no one will allow any Kherson people’s republics,” the president’s office said. “Besides, we believe in the armed forces and the Ukrainian army.”
Ukrainian troops are actually counterattacking in Kherson and Kharkiv regions, gaining control of villages. However, it is too early to talk about any large-scale successes. The Ministry of Defense claims that the russian federation attacks at once in all directions, including carrying out attacks on the Nikolaev area to distract the Ukrainian armed forces. However, the russian army failed to gain significant territorial control.
Intelligence says it is extremely important for President putin to show at least some victory before May 9. That is why it is not exclusive that demonstrations and rallies will be held in the temporarily occupied territories to shoot videos for propagandists.
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- As a result of the shelling, residential multi-apartment and private houses, an educational institution, and agricultural machinery were damaged. 17 shells hit the territory of the playground in the Zelenodolsk recreation park, prohibited cluster munitions were used during the shelling.
- Shelling throughout the Kherson region. The communities bordering Mykolaiv and Dnipropetrovsk regions — Stanislav, Chornobaivka, Vysokopillya, Novovorontsovka and Velyka Oleksandrivka — suffered the most. Shelling completely destroyed the eco-estate “Rainbow” in Oleshky.
- In the Stoyanka microdistrict, a truck blew up on a mine left by Russian soldiers. Driver died at once.
- During the day 20 cases of shelling of Severodonetsk, Rubizhne, Kreminna, Lysychansk, Popasna, Hirske, Zolote, Novodruzhesk were recorded. Residential buildings, infrastructure and life support facilities in Severodonetsk, Popasna, Lysychansk, Rubizhne and Kreminna were damaged. In Novodruzhesk due to a shell hit, coal caught fire near the mine.
- Throughout the day, Russian troops shelled residential areas of the city. Multi-storey and private residential buildings, a school, shops, an office building, outbuildings, more than 30 garages, and cars were damaged and destroyed. 26 people got injured.
- The Russian soldiers carried out airstrikes on Azovstal, shelled the residential sector of the Levoberezhny district from artillery and tanks. S. Palamar, deputy commander of the Azov regiment, said that the plant was completely destroyed, there were people under the rubble, and a hospital for civilians had been set up on the territory of Azovstal.
- The polyclinic was destroyed, the hemodialysis department was destroyed, the reception, maternity and surgical departments were damaged. There are people injured.
- As a result of the ammunition strike, 8 private houses were damaged. According to preliminary data, there were no victims.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Airstrike, missile and MLRS damage
- Civilian casualties
- Video of russian prisoners
- New laws
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region and known damage, diagram of known airstrike, missile and MRL damage and known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure, diagram of average duration of the air alerts in the regions.