The Molfar team sends a daily newsletter about the war in Ukraine.
You can subscribe to the personal daily newsletter AT THIS LINK!
The subscription price is one — $ 30 / month. Free for the media. We donate half of the profits to the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
Pressure on Mariupol continues
A few days ago, the russian president in a fake way ordered to stop the storming of the Azovstal plant, which houses “several hundred Ukrainian defenders and thousands of civilians.” His words were heard on television, but he lied to his people and to the entire civilized world.
According to the soldiers of Azov Regiment, large air bombs continue to fall on the plant every three minutes. The plant is being stormed and fired on all the time — say Ukrainian defenders blocked by the occupiers.
Humanitarian corridors for the civilian population are constantly disrupted by russian militants — they do not allow them, or start firing at people in queues for buses. According to Ukrainian government officials, russia does not want to make concessions and allow people to be deported. Everyone emphasizes the need to create a humanitarian corridor immediately — the President of Ukraine, Ukrainian officials, the people of Ukraine, the United Nations, European parliamentarians, the President of Turkey and the International Committee of the Red Cross.
For the Kremlin, it seems that Mariupol has become the main goal until May 9 — they want to show how they captured the city. In this way, the Kremlin wants to show the russians that they are winning the war against Ukraine. Now the city is almost completely controlled by russian troops, who seek to establish their power and do not want to let people into Ukraine. Forced evacuation takes place only to russia. Something similar is happening in Kherson now: occupants are already communicating via the russian operator Megafon and putting rubles into circulation.
Mariupol itself looks like a big ruin: there are no whole buildings left in the city at all. The city is 99% destroyed.
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- During the day, 12 shelling of settlements in the region was recorded, mainly in Lysychansk, Severodonetsk and Novodruzhesk (1, 2). Fighting continues in Popasna and Rubizhne. In Severodonetsk, as a result of shelling, 5 houses were damaged, in Lysychansk 1 house was damaged, in total 7 houses and a police station were destroyed (1, 2). 9 infrastructure facilities were also damaged. It is known about 2 people dead (1, 2).
- As a result of the shelling in Kalynove, 2 houses were completely destroyed, in Zolochiv ~ 5 houses were damaged. A 13 y.o. boy was wounded in Turove.
- A car with residents of the Zolochiv community villages was blown up by a mine left by Russian troops, 2 men died instantly.
- As a result of shelling from the territory of the Russian Federation in the village of Atynske, Bilopillia community, all doors and windows were broken in the building of the psychoneurological dispensary, in the village of Boyaro-Lezhachi, Nova Sloboda community, private houses were damaged. The territory of the Putyvl community was also shelled.
- Russian troops shelled the city and the territory of the Azovstal plant. The exact number of victims is unknown.
- During the day, Russian troops shelled Lyman, Avdiivka, Velyka Novosilka, Oleksandrivka, Yampil, Zarichne, Novoselivka-3, Tonenke, Pervomaiske, Illinka, Dmytroklyne. 23 objects were damaged: residential buildings, an agricultural enterprise, infrastructure facilities. Fighting is going on in Mar’inka and Novomykhailivka. 2 people died in Korovii Yar, 1 — in Yampil, 1 — in Novoselivka. 8 people were injured (1, 2).
- As a result of the morning shelling of the Zavodskyi district (Namyv residential area), the building of the non-working summer cafe Bombardyr was destroyed, power lines, contact lines of the trolleybus network and infrastructure facilities were damaged. The residential complex “Riviera” and other multi-storey buildings were also damaged: windows were shattered by the blast wave, and the lining was damaged by fragments. The X-35 anti-ship cruise missile was used for the strike. The shelling continued during the day, their intensity increased in the evening.
- There was a rocket strike at ~15:35 on the outskirts of the village, a low-pressure gas pipe and power lines were broken, power supply was disrupted. Presumably, earlier another missile was shot down by air defense. Later, presumably at ~17:30 (1, 2), the air defense also shot down the UAV.
- Russian troops shelled private houses in Novovorontsovka, Osokorivka was also shelled.
- There was a missile attack on the city, 6 missiles fired in total. 2 residential buildings were damaged, incl. residential complex Tiras, as well as an infrastructure facility. As a result of the explosion in one of the houses, apartments on the 2–5 floors were destroyed, the exits were blocked, and a fire broke out. Nearby houses were also damaged, cars burned down. Fragments of one of the downed rockets fell on the Tairovske cemetery, destroying tombstones and seriously injuring a woman. Among the dead is a three-month-old baby. Another ~20 people were injured. According to the statement of the Russian Ministry of Defense, as a result of the strike, “a logistics terminal at a military airfield near Odesa, where a large batch of foreign weapons received from the United States and European countries was stored, was disabled”.
- Russian troops fired on private houses. As a result of shrapnel wounds, 3 people who were working in the garden at the time of the shelling, died. One of the dead is a 16 y.o. teenager.
- [Martial law] Rosaviatsia for the 10th time extends the ban on flights to 11 airports in the central part and south of the Russian Federation, this time until May 1.
- [Support of the economy] The Russian authorities will send 8.1 billion rubles to support investment projects in the Far East.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Airstrike, missile and MLRS damage
- Civilian casualties
- Video of russian prisoners
- New laws
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region and known damage, diagram of known airstrike, missile and MRL damage and known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure, diagram of average duration of the air alerts in the regions.