Day 161: HIMARS in action — the Russian Federation failed to destroy any of the systems delivered to Ukraine
The Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Serhiy Shoigu said that the Russian military managed to destroy 6 HIMARS systems. This is not the first such statement from the Russian army, but once again it is provided without any relevant evidence, namely photos or videos of destroyed/captured equipment.
The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, as well as representatives of the Pentagon, state that this is an outright lie, the information does not correspond to reality. All HIMARS systems that were delivered to Ukraine work in the southern and eastern directions, their main task is the destruction of enemy warehouses with ammunition, as well as logistical routes, such as the Antonovsky bridge near Kherson.
We will remind you that it was HIMARS that allowed Ukraine to launch a slow but counteroffensive at the Kherson region and slow down the pace of the occupant’s offensive at the Donbass. An additional 4 transferred systems will also be sent to these destinations in the near future.
Despite all that, Ukraine is still asking for ATACMS missiles, which are capable of flying at a distance of up to 300 km. ATACMS are extremely accurate (error from 3 to 10 meters) and powerful (weight over 500 kg). Such missiles will allow Ukraine to destroy bridges, railway stations, crossings — large objects of infrastructure: the current missiles are very small and can only damage a temporary bridge, but not destroy it.
Until now, the US is stalling the transfer of ATACMS, but perhaps an interim solution will be found: these missiles have an intermediate modification that is capable of striking at 140–200 km, but not at 300 km. Military experts assume that, understanding the importance of such missiles for Ukraine, the US authorities will provide such a version of the projectiles. This will make it possible to carry out a counteroffensive more effectively, and at the same time avoid the situation of shelling Russian cities by American missiles.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- Crypto background check and $20m investment: How Molfar helps big companies find professionals?
- The russians bombed Belgorod with rockets of their own production
- Terrorist attack in Vinnytsia: dance school as a strategic object
- ZelenskiyNFT: is it a scam project created by the russians? We have the evidence.
- Fact-checking of a missile strike on the city of Kremenchuk: why was it a planned terrorist attack?
- VICE: Meet the US ‘Journalist’ Helping Spread the Kremlin’s Propaganda
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- Russian troops shelled the outskirts and one of the roads of the village. As a result, a house and a car were damaged.
- Russian troops hit the town from the territory of the Russian Federation. As a result, the building and production facilities of a food industry enterprise were destroyed. 6 garages and cars on the territory of the garage cooperative were damaged, a residential building, outbuildings and civil infrastructure buildings were destroyed.
- Russian troops shelled the territory of the town, several residential microdistricts were damaged. As a result of the shelling, two warehouses of the educational institution were damaged, and a fire broke out.
- ~7 a.m. — Esman, Seredyna-Buda, and Yunaky communities were shelled. 14 explosions were recorded. After 4 p.m. — artillery and mortar shelling in various villages of the Esman community. After 6 p.m. — artillery shelling of the Esman community continued. ~8 p.m. — grenade launcher shelling of the Seredyna-Buda community, 10 explosions were recorded.
After 8 p.m. — mortar shelling of the territory of the Khotyn community, 10 explosions were recorded.
- Russian Tu-95 (Tu-160) strategic bombers attacked a military infrastructure facility around Radekhiv from the Caspian Sea. The impact damaged the building.
- Russian troops shelled the territory of the community three times. 5 explosions were recorded.
- During the day, 4 civilian infrastructure destruction cases as a result of shelling by the Russian army were recorded. According to preliminary information, 2 shells hit the kindergarten.
- One of the districts of the city was shelled using the Smerch MLRS, the other one — with S-300 missiles. As a result of shelling, the dormitory of the Mykolayiv university was destroyed. 1 person was injured. Residential buildings were also damaged. A grocery store caught fire due to the impact of ammunition and its debris.
- Air defense forces shot down four missiles over the territory of the region, launched by Russian Tu-95 (Tu-160) strategic bombers from the Caspian Sea.
- As a result of shelling by Russian troops, the power supply to five villages of the community was disrupted, and two villages were cut off centralized water supply. Two people have been hospitalized.
- Air defense forces shot down two missiles over the territory of the region, launched by Russian Tu-95 (Tu-160) strategic bombers from the Caspian Sea.
- In the area of the Danube mouth Bystre, a floating crane was blown up by an unidentified explosive device. The crane was supposed to raise the pilot boat “Orlyk”, which had sank after the explosion in the same area on July 31. The floating crane was damaged and transported to the base with a pusher tug.
- As a result of the shelling, a boarding school caught fire. The corpse of a man was recovered from under the rubble.
- As a result of the shelling, 3 residential buildings, 6 cars, the building of one of the regional associations, a store, and the infrastructure of an agricultural enterprise were damaged.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.