War in Ukraine / July 1–3
The Ukrainian army left Lysychansk
Almost immediately after Ukraine left Severodonetsk, the armed forces were forced to leave the satellite city of Lysychansk, which was located on the other side of the Seversky Donets River. According to the reports of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, as well as the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyi, the retreat was organized to preserve the troops: the Russian army surrounded it from all sides, which could lead to huge losses among personnel.
“In conditions of multiple superiority of the Russian occupying forces in artillery, aviation, MRLS, ammunition and personnel, the continuation of the defense of the city would lead to fatal consequences. In order to save the lives of Ukrainian defenders, a decision was made to leave,” the General Staff of Ukraine said, adding that the desire to hold the city alone is not enough.
Having occupied new strategic positions, the Russian army quickly crossed the Seversky Donets River to continue its offensive in the east. For a long time, the river served as a natural obstacle that slowed down the advance of the Russian army. Provided that Ukraine will not be able to destroy the crossings, Russia will gain a foothold on the right bank of the river and will be able to create a full-fledged bridgehead for a further offensive into the interior of the country.
At the same time, Ukraine does not consider retreat as a defeat. Rather, it is a forced strategic maneuver. First of all, because of the preservation of the army and the avoidance of encirclement, which has been repeatedly discussed in the last month. At the same time, the opinions of international experts are divided: some continue to argue about the slow advance of Russian troops and the depletion of reserves, while others speak of a “cold shower for Ukrainians”: military actions in the east are not localized and controlled, the war continues and is not yet in favor of Ukrainians. Once entrenched on the other side of Seversky Donets, the Russian army will be able to increase the speed of its troops’ advance, the next targets being Bakhmut and Sloviansk.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- The modern cannons that may make the difference in Ukraine
- Judicial reform in Ukraine: analysis of the main principles and problems of reform
- Investigation into the relationship between ISPsystem, 1inch, FSS of the russian federation and crypto-businessmens
- StopFraud: an investigation into porn, gambling and russia
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- Russian troops launched a missile strike from the territory of the Belgorod region in Russian Federation. Two missiles hit the Industrialnyi district of Kharkiv. As a result of the impact, the production facilities were damaged and a fire broke out.
- Kharkiv, Andriivka, Balakliya, Barvinkove, Buhaivka, Pechenihy, Zolochiv, Odnorobivka, Kytsivka, Ivashky, Malynivka, Udy, Bezliudivka, Zhovtneve, Bohodukhiv were fired with rocket, aviation, artillery and mortars 40 times. Residential houses, outbuildings, and a kindergarten were damaged, shelling also caused a fire in the forest belts. 4 people were injured.
- Missile and artillery shelling on Kharkiv, Udy, Cherkas’ka Lozova, Donets, Derhachi and Barvinkove. Residential houses, a hostel, and a car were damaged.
- Fires broke out as a result of the shelling. Outbuildings in Velyka Babka and forestry in Kochetok were on fire.
- In the morning, Russian troops fired 17 shells at the Esman community.
- As a result of the shelling of the central part of the city by Russian troops, a multi-storey buildings, private houses and household buidings were damaged. A household building and assets in a private house caught fire.
- The civilian infrastructure of Stepove and Kamyanske was shelled by Russian troops.
- As a result of the shelling, a fire broke out on the roof of a five-story building in an area of 100 sq. m.
- The civilian infrastructure of Kamyanske, Orichiv, Stepnohirsk, Yehorivka, and Lobkove was shelled by Russian troops, local residents reported ~ 22 cases of destruction.
- 27 attacks, as a result the apartment buildings were destroyed by fires
- 12 attacks from different weapons on Lysychansk, Zolotarivka, and Bilohorivka. Single family and multi-apartment houses, as well as trading facilities were damaged. There are injured locals.
- The territory of the community was shelled by Russian troops.
- The Russian army carried out 12 missile strikes. The port infrastructure and private companies’ facilities were shelled. Among them — the perfumes and lime productions. 1 missile was shot down.
- Known night shelling in the region: the shelling of an enterprise in the city of Mykolayiv; 4:30 — shelling of Shyroke community; 5:20 — shelling of Pervomaiske, rescuers keep looking for shell fragments. Another missile was shot down by air defense; Stara Bohdanivka — civilian infrastructure was destroyed; a shelling of Lymany and Halytsynove was reported as well. In the Halytsynove community, coniferous needle litter and the woods were burning on an area of 1 ha; as a result of the shelling in the village of Belozerka, a house was damaged, 1 person was killed; shelling of the Bereznehuvate community. Over the day, 14 people were injured because of shelling.
- The Russians launched 10 Onyx-type missiles at the port and other industrial infrastructure of the city, a hit on agricultural land in the suburbs was also recorded.
- 3 X-22 missiles were launched from a Tu-22M3 aircraft on infrastructure and residential buildings. As a result, a multi-storey building and a recreation center were damaged. Windows were shattered in neighboring houses. 20 people died, including 1 child, pets were killed as well. Rescuers keep removing debris at the recreation center. As of July 1, 38 wounded are known.
- Russian troops launched an X-31 missile from a Su-30 aircraft at a recreation center in Bilhorod-Dnistrovs’kyi district. The missile hit the utility building.
- As a result of a shelling in Hostre village, a woman was killed.
- Russian troops shelled the city in the morning, and launched an airstrike in the afternoon. 5 people were injured, including an 11-year-old child.
- Russian forces shelled the territory of the Slavkurort landscape park. Residential houses were destroyed.
- In the evening, Russian troops fired cluster shells at residential areas of the city: the Lymany microdistrict and Barvinkivska, Pidhirna, and Danylevskogo streets. 4 people were killed, 7 were injured.
- As a result of shelling by Russian troops, a woman was wounded, she died in the hospital.
- Novovorontsovka, Osokorivka, Knyazivka, Bila Krynytsya were shelled by Russian troops.
- Shelling of a field in the Nikopol district, no people were injured.
- Missile hit on the outskirts of Pavlohrad. At the same time, a fire broke out at an industrial enterprise, presumably due to shelling.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.