Day 152: The battle for Vuhlehirska Power Station
For more than a week, every military media has included news from the Vuhlehirska Power Station (Vuhlehirska TES), located in the city of Svitlodarsk, Donetsk region. It became a target for the Russian army, but there was no rapid advance. Vuhlehirska TES is the largest thermal power plant in Ukraine and one of the largest in Europe.
Information about the battles around the Vuhlehirska Power Station appeared almost a week ago. The Russians tried to break into the territory of the station, but they could not capture it. The Ukrainian army repeatedly repelled the enemy, controlling the situation. Insiders report that the Ukrainians have well-fortified positions and are not surrendering them.
At the time of writing this newsletter, the Russian military has already announced that they have taken the Vuhlehirska TES. The General Staff of Ukraine did not provide updated data, the status as of yesterday was fighting on the territory of the station. Insiders from the scene report that the Ukrainian army keeps the station under control, and reports of the Russian army capturing the station are untrue. Battles are now taking place on the approaches to the station, just like a few days ago.
For Russia, the capture of the station is an important step for the further deployment of the offensive on Kramatorsk and Sloviansk from the south. So far, the Russian army, which recently successfully took Severodonetsk and Lysychansk, has no success in this direction.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- Crypto background check and $20m investment: How Molfar helps big companies find professionals?
- The russians bombed Belgorod with rockets of their own production
- Terrorist attack in Vinnytsia: dance school as a strategic object
- ZelenskiyNFT: is it a scam project created by the russians? We have the evidence.
- Fact-checking of a missile strike on the city of Kremenchuk: why was it a planned terrorist attack?
- VICE: Meet the US ‘Journalist’ Helping Spread the Kremlin’s Propaganda
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- At 8:15 Russian troops shelled the village of Ivashky in the Zolochiv district from a helicopter. 3 apartments were destroyed, 2 were damaged. Artillery shelling of Zolochiv damaged a residential house, a garage, and outbuildings. A 74-year-old woman died, and a 29-year-old man hot a concussion and legs wounds.
- During the day, Russian troops attacked Kharkiv, Izyum, Bohodukhiv and Chuhuiv districts — there was damage in Kharkiv, Pytomnyk, Borschova, Lisne, Mospanove, Ruski Tyshky, Cherkaski Tysky. In Zmiiv community of Chuhuiv district 3 shells hit the open area. There was also a fire in a wheat field — 30 hectares were destroyed. At 8:00–9:00 p.m., Zolochiv was shelled from Grad — 15 residential buildings were damaged, as well as electricity and gas supply. A 74-year-old woman died, 4 people were injured. During the day, Russian shelling led to 6 fires.
- Russian troops shelled a residential area of the community, civilian property wasn’t damaged.
- 2 shells hit Osnovyanskyi district — residential houses and office premises, as well as the university building were damaged. 1 person injured.
- After 2:00 p.m., the Shalyhin community was shelled from artillery, 5 explosions were recorded. After 9:00 p.m.there was a mortar shelling of the Krasnopillya community.
- 2 planes fired 10 missiles at one of the villages, a residential house and household facilities in two households were destroyed. Windows were broken in some houses, crops were destroyed.
- As a result of the shelling, household facilities and two tractors were destroyed, a local local farmer was killed.
- During the day, 12 cases about the destruction of civilian infrastructure as a result of shelling by the Russian army were recorded. Uspenivka, Hulaypilske, Rivnopillya, Zaliznychne, Lukyanivske, and Novodanylivka were shelled.
- During the day, 11 reports about the destruction of civilian infrastructure as a result of shelling by the Russian army were received. Novooleksandrivka, Hryhorivka, Kanivske, Kamyanske, Zaliznychne, Orichiv were shelled.
- As a result of the shelling of a private household, a field of 2 hectares caught fire.
- Russian forces fired 4 Kalibr missiles from the Black Sea. 2 missiles were shot down by air defense, 2 more hit the Odesa Commercial Sea Port. As a result, a fire broke out at the port’s pumping station, and the buildings and ships nearby were damaged by the blast. The day before, a grain export agreement was signed, according to which the Russian Federation pledged not to strike at the ports infrastructure. The grain storages remained intact.
- Air defense shot down 3 Kalibr missiles, the debris fell into a field in Kamyanets-Podilskyi district, a fire broke out. One of the rockets’ debris fell into the forest near one of the villages.
- 8 Kalibr missiles and 5 X-22 missiles hit the Kanatove military airfield and the railway infrastructure. In the city of Kropyvnytskyi, power supply was partially disrupted. 1 soldier and 2 guards of the electrical substation were killed. 16 people were injured.
- A strike on the building of a store and a garage community in the village of Pervomayske was recorded. Around 5:00 a.m. there was a shelling of the villages of Novomykolayivka and Shyroke. Agricultural buildings were hit. From 7:30 a.m. a shelling took place around Kyselivka and Maksymivka. In the evening, in the village of Halitsynove, a residential building caught fire. Also, in the forestry of the Halitsynove community, a fire broke out in coniferous litter and in the woods. As a result of the shell hits, a dry grass fire broke out in an open area near the village of Novohorivka and twice in the village of Sokolivka of the Bereznehuvate community.
- As a result of the Korabelnyi district shelling with 4 Kalibr missiles, at least 6 houses were damaged, several were completely destroyed. Farm buildings and cars were damaged. Several people were under the rubble — 5 were injured, including a 16-year-old teenager.
- 3 attacks on the territory of the Semenivka community using artillery and mortars, a total of 32 explosions were recorded. Cannon artillery (45 explosions) and mortars (32 explosions) shelled the territory of the Novhorod-Siversk community.
- At an enterprise located in the Ingulsky district of the city, wooden pallets caught fire as a result of missile fire.
- Russian troops fired on Otradne, Avdіїvka, Lastochne, Pivnіchne, Novomykhailivka, Sіversk, Kostyantinivka, and Opytne. 52 civilian objects were destroyed: 38 residential houses, children’s centers, shops, and infrastructure. According to the head of the Donetsk Regional Military Administration, 7 people were injured.
- As a result of the shelling, residential buildings were damaged in the town center, on the Torska and Artema streets. 2 people were injured. According to preliminary data, the town was shelled with cluster munitions.
- The Russians fired at Avdiivka, Bakhmut, Toretsk, Kostyantynivka, Kurakhove, Hostre and Kurdyumivka, Vesele and Kam’yanka villages. 23 civilian facilities were destroyed and damaged: 18 residential buildings, garages, and utility buildings. At night and in the morning, artillery was fired on Avdiivka. In the morning, a strike was recorded on a transport infrastructure facility in Kostyantinivka. At about 6:00 a.m. artillery shelled Toretsk: at least 5 residential houses were damaged. According to the head of the Donetsk Regional Military Administration, 2 people died in Avdiivka and Toretsk. 2 people were injured.
- During the night, the town was fired twice, up to a hundred shells were fired. As a result of the shelling, a house and 3 service buildings were destroyed, 90 buildings, cars, and a river port were damaged, 1 person was injured, another 1 was killed. There was destruction of the gas, water, and electricity supply systems, as well as the elements of the railway infrastructure. A total of 27 damage cases were recorded.
- As a result of the shelling, the stud farm infrastructure was damaged.
- As a result of the shelling, 1 residential house was damaged, a fire broke out.
- As a result of the shelling in 2 villages, warehouses were damaged, power supply was disrupted.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.