War in Ukraine / June 1
Because of Russia’s war, European countries are reconsidering their military policies
Russia brought a full-scale war to Europe, which affected most countries on the continent. The changes that are now being announced have not taken place since the collapse of the Soviet Union.
1. First of all, NATO member countries have asked the USA to increase the number of troops on their bases. In the last three months, an additional 20,000 troops have arrived in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.
2. Sweden and Finland have decided to revise their foreign defense policies and have applied for NATO membership, despite their neutrality. The process, due to the blockade by Turkey, will not be quick, but everyone is confident that the countries will become members of the alliance.
3. Denmark has also revised its policy: the country held a national referendum in which more than 66% of participants voted in favor of a common security policy with the European Union.
The biggest changes were announced by Germany. Chancellor Scholz said that in the near future the defense budget will increase by 100 billion euros, which is more than in Britain. The money will go to support military programs in almost all areas: the purchase of aircraft, the development of tanks, upgrades of equipment and increasing the number of troops. This is a complete reversal of the demilitarization of the last 25 years, when Germany has been cutting its defense budget every year.
Russia itself has also been forced to increase its military budget due to the war in Ukraine. According to media reports, in April 2022, Russia spent more than 21 billion rubles a day on military needs, or about $ 300 million. This is 2.5 times more than a year earlier.
Latest war investigations of the Molfar team:
- Drama Theater in Mariupol
- Bombing of the children’s hospital and maternity hospital in Mariupol
- Strike in the center of Donetsk by rocket missile Tochka-U
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- At 01:00 a.m. two missiles hit the household facilities belonging to a private entrepreneur. Artillery bombardment was carried out during the day.
- There was shelling for an hour and a half.
- Russian troops shelled the village of Udy in the Zolochiv community in the Kharkiv region. As a result of the shelling, houses and equipment were damaged and destroyed. No one was killed or injured.
- Russian troops launched cruise missiles on the railway infrastructure in Stryi’kyi and Sambirskyi districts. The strike was carried out by 4 missiles from the Black Sea on the railway tunnel and the bridge near the village of Mezhybrody. Also reported about the destruction of the Beskidsky tunnel. 5 people were injured, 4 of them had moderate injuries.
- Trudolubivka was under cannon artillery and mortar fire. An air strike using MI-24 helicopters was carried out on Novohryhorivka and Oleksandrivka.
- A 31-year-old man was injured.
- Russian troops launched ~ 6 missiles using ~2 strategic aviation aircrafts on the border area of the Hudove village of Shalyhyne community in Shostka district. Missiles fell into the fields on the outskirts of the village.
- Poltavka, Mali Shcherbaky, Kaminske, Preobrazhenka, Scherbaky, Olhivske, Novoandriivka, Komyshuvaha, Uspenivka, Temerivka, Vasunivka, Chervone, Novodanylivka, Hulaypilske, Staroukrainka, Platonovka were shelled by russian troops. As a result of artillery shelling by Russian troops: in Komyshuvaha a fire broke out in 2 apartments.In Vasylivka a fire broke out in an administrative building on an area of 600 sq.m. In Orichiv a fire broke out in one of the private enterprises.
- Russian troops shelled civilian infrastructure of the settlements
- As a result of the shelling of the Azot plant, the administrative building and a warehouse with methanol were damaged. 6 houses were damaged. The housing stock was 90% destroyed. Assault actions in the city continue.
- Russian troops shelled the hospital, destroying several consulting rooms and vehicles. 15 houses in the city were also damaged.
- As a result of the city shelling of the city, residential buildings were destroyed and 1 person was injured.
- Russian troops attacked residential areas of two districts of the city. Two multi-storey buildings, four private houses and outbuildings were damaged. Gas and water lines were also damaged. Two people were killed, two persons were injured.
- At night, Russian troops shelled the area in the Avdiivka district. In the morning, the Russians shelled the city several times. The shells flew to the eastern outskirts, to the old part of the city and to the area of the Avdiivka Coke Plant.
- Russian troops launched a missile attack on the city. As a result, 3 private houses were destroyed, about 10 more were damaged.
- Zelenodolsk and Apostolove communities were shelled from artillery. No casualties among the civilians were recorded.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.