War in Ukraine / June 28
G7 without specific news for Ukraine
The meeting of the G7 countries took place without any news that would be really important for Ukraine. Among the new sanctions is a ban on gold exports from Russia. It used to bring Russia $19 billion a year, but now revenues will fall: the ban has already been imposed by the United States, followed by Canada, Japan and Britain. The European Union has refrained from making a decision.
That’s basically it. The countries have discussed the possibility of imposing marginal oil prices on Russia, but this is a long and difficult decision that could turn against Europe: for example, Russia will simply stop selling oil to Europe, which will lead to a market collapse. And the process of imposing such sanctions is long and complicated, and in a world that is not united against Russia, it is almost impossible.
As a result, we see the difficulty in imposing new sanctions: all quick decisions have already been made, everything else is a long and complex process that not everyone supports. Of course, the G7 condemned Russia for missile strikes on Kremenchug, but there were no big promises to supply additional weapons. And in general, there is not so much good news for Ukraine.
It remains to be seen whether the sanctions that will be imposed earlier will take full effect. But it will not be fast.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- The modern cannons that may make the difference in Ukraine
- Judicial reform in Ukraine: analysis of the main principles and problems of reform
- Investigation into the relationship between ISPsystem, 1inch, FSS of the russian federation and crypto-businessmens
- StopFraud: an investigation into porn, gambling and russia
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- At night Russian forces shelled Zolochiv with artillery. The strike damaged the front side and 11 apartments of a multi-storey residential building, smashed the windows and damaged the power and gas supply.
- During the day, Russian troops shelled an industrial zone in the Industrialnyi district of Kharkiv. As a result of the shelling, there was destruction and a fire broke out at one of the enterprises, a residential building adjacent to the industrial zone was also partially destroyed, a car was damaged, 6 people were injured.
- Russian troops shelled Pechenihy with artillery during the day. The fired shells hit the residential area. As a result, residential buildings, a kindergarten, a boiler room and a hospital were damaged.
- The Russian military fired mortars at the border area of the Velyka Pysarivka community from the territory of the Russian Federation. 9 explosions were recorded. at ~2:00 9 explosions were recorded. The shelling was carried out from mortars; in the afternoon and after midnight, Russian troops using UAVs dropped the explosives on the territory of the community; at ~23:00 40 explosions were recorded. The shelling was carried out with grenade launchers.
- As a result of shelling by Russian troops, over the day, there were 19 reports on the destruction of houses and infrastructure in the Orichiv and Hulaipole communities. In Hulaipole, residential buildings were damaged, and the building of the lyceum was also hit, its roof caught fire. In Orichiv, residential buildings, adjacent territories, a car and power wires were damaged. Also, the local residents of Preobrazhenka submitted 4 reports about the destruction of an apartment, houses and other property. The injured Orichiv residents were hospitalized.
- As a result of shelling by Russian troops, gas pipelines of low and medium pressure were damaged.
- Russian troops are constantly shelling the remaining towns under the control of Ukraine from various types of weapons. Zolotarivka, Vovchoiarivka, and Lysychansk are hit the most. Accounting for injured people and destroyed buildings is practically impossible and is not carried out due to the continuing hostilities. In Lysychansk, the entire tonw infrastructure has been destroyed; there is no electricity, water, and gas supply, and the connection is limited.
- Russian forces shelled the border areas of the Zarichchya village in Novhorod-Sivers’kyi district from a 120-mm mortar. 7 explosions were recorded.
- The air defense forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down 1 Onyx-type cruise missile launched by Russian troops from the territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea using the Bastion coastal complex.
- Russian troops fired at the territory of the town of Ochakiv in Mykolayiv district from the MLRS. As a result of the shelling, Russian shells hit the local market, the building of the Palace of Culture, and a private residential area: two residential buildings were destroyed. As a result of the shelling, 3 people were killed, including a 6-year-old child. 6 people were injured, including 4 children aged 1 year, 13 years and 16 years old, a 3-month-old child is in a coma.
- Russian troops shelled the territory of the town of Slovyansk. At night, a garages in a residential area of the city were shelled. In the morning, a Russian missile hit the territory of a local enterprise. As a result, the production premises of the plant were damaged, and a fire broke out.
- The Shyroke community was shelled at night. Zelenodolsk was shelled in the morning.
- In the afternoon the Kryvyi Rih thermal power plant was shelled. The plant was damaged, 1 person was wounded. Zelenodolsk and Velyka Kostromka were shelled as well.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.